San Antonio, TX asked in Civil Litigation and Contracts for Texas

Q: foreeclosured in 2014 butr now 10/21/2020 i recieved a lein release it was paided off dont they owe compensation for 5 y

i havent been in home since 6/23/2015 i was evictied after forclosure 5 years of homelessness me and 3 children they sent me a release of lien 10/21/2020. i want compensation for the loss of home and all punitive damages. but dont know how to start a case and can move back in but its in a hoa area? and no funds start up a case address 222 ville serne san antonio texas 78253 can someone help me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Sorry, there's nothing in your post that suggests that the foreclosure or eviction were done improperly. You can't sue for damages due to the loss of the house unless the foreclosure was done improperly. In addition, such a suit must be brought within a maximum of 4 years (the time limit for a breach of contract case), so it would be too late to bring such a suit now.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.