Clarksville, TN asked in Family Law, Personal Injury, Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Tennessee

Q: I would like to sue my aunt for kicking me out without eviction, packing my things for me while I was out of town etc.

She is also trying to keep me out of the house. She says I violated the "no drugs" rule but I didn't and she has NO proof. She found weed in my MOMs room and is trying to use that to kick us both out. Where would I find a no fee lawyer with whom I could proceed to file suit with?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Tennessee attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. This doesn't look like a personal injury matter, where a law firm would handle it on a contingency basis with no fee up front. A closer category might be landlord-tenant or civil litigation, but it might be difficult to find a no-fee attorney. You could look into attorneys you find on this site, through your own independent searches, or through the resources of the Tennessee Bar Association. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.