Mount Kisco, NY asked in Workers' Compensation for New York

Q: Can you revisit a WC case that has been incorrectly handled after more than 30 days?

I injured myself at work and didn't push them to file WC due to being concerned I would lose my job. I paid almost $10k out of pocket in lost wages and Dr's bills. I returned to work and have re-injured my knee. Can I go back and do anything to recoup lost monies? What about filing now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You could reach out to one of the workers' comp attorneys here (you could locate firms closest to the Mount Kisco area) under the Find-a-Lawyer tab, or you could reach out to firms you find on your own. Ask the firms you contact if they offer free initial consults to briefly discuss what took place on your injury case to date and what your current options would be. Good luck for a healthy recovery of your knee injury.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.