San Antonio, TX asked in Divorce and Domestic Violence for Texas

Q: My wife moved to P.R. with my daughter violating the geographic restriction

I was arrested on Mother’s Day for domestic violence, my ex told the police I hurt my daughter. The case was no billed. July she moved to Puerto Rico while our divorce was pending. We got it finalized in August. She suppose to have brought my daughter back to the states so I filed for enforcement. Since I did that she got a exparte protection order against me claiming I kept calling her a threating her. I have never threat her and yes I kept calling it was my visitation day. I have videos and messages showing she is violent. I was never served the exparte it came certified it was delivered to the building 1109 but I stay in 1109b and my neighbor gave it to me. It shows the exparte is in effect and I have a court date on the 24 and it says if I don’t answer it will be finalized in PR, my enforcement hearing is on the 25th in TX. All I want is my visitation with my daughter. What do I need to do. Do I need to get a lawyer in PR. I have one in TX for enforcement?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Ask your family law attorney here in Texas if you should consult a family law attorney in Puerto Rico.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.