Asked in Immigration Law for Alabama

Q: Hi I am currently on a U3 Visa dependent on a child of the U-1 visa . I travelled abroad how can I return

I am a current dependent of a u1 visa so I currently hold a U3 visa. I travelled abroad by myself and was wondering about re-entry into the U.S. My visa does state I am allowed to re-enter however it says that I would need to apply for a u-visa at an us embassy or obtain a waiver. I was wondering what is the safest way to go about re-entering the US without putting myself at risk of deportation or being denied entry at the port once the borders open to the U.S. ? Also my u3 visa is valid untill 2022 do I need to still apply for another visa? And I am also currently not living in my home country.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: You will need to apply for the U-3 at the U.S. consulate in your home country. You should contact the U.S. consulate near your home to obtain instructions as to the local procedures and timeline for visa issuance. You may be required to file a waiver depending on your immigration background / history , age , etc.

Good luck to you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.