Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions and Estate Planning for Puerto Rico

Q: My father passed away last year and i cant travel to PR due to being positive for covid. How can I assure it goes to me.

He passed away last year and I cant travel due to being positive for covid. Is it true I was only suppose to have a year to claim the property?

1 Lawyer Answer
Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Greetings

You will have to evalaute whether if there's a need to bring to the court any other interested parties and hire legal representation. Now with this pandemic, there are ways to have a videoconference if the court is convinced that there's no need for you to be in person in the hearings and given the proper documents.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact us directly and we will be glad to be at your service.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.