Chula Vista, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Maryland

Q: I lost a case in Maryland District Court, how long do I have to file an appeal for De Novo hearing in circuit court?

I want to file for an appeal of civil case I lost in the District Court in Maryland. I would like to please know how many days do I have before filling for an appeal to get a De Novo hearing in the circuit court?

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Columbia, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: A party has generally 30 days from the final judgment to appeal. If in the District Court the appeal goes to the Circuit Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.