Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Georgia

Q: I am raising my 20 month old cousin, his mother left him when she turned 18 ,she moved back in with her mother whom lost

Her children I am raising them as well. Now the mother of the 20month old wants to terminate our temporary guardianship. We havent heard from the baby's mother in over 8 months we go to court in January what chances done have keeping him

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Samantha A Holloway
Samantha A Holloway pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Typically a temporary guardianship can be revocable at anytime by a biological parent. If you would like to retain custody, you should speak with a lawyer to discuss other options available to you in Juvenile or Superior court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.