Alexandria, VA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Maryland

Q: What do if I do if my children's father will not answer my calls to see the children when it's court ordered?

I have 50/50 legal joint with the father as well as 3 weekends a month and he has primary residencial. He is not answering my calls or texts so I can make arrangements to pick up the children. This is court ordered. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Pugliese
Elizabeth Pugliese
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Rockville, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: The court orderr should state when access occurs and where pick up is so you should not have to make arrangements. You should show up at the right time and place. If it does not, you are still supposed to have your access. If the father is not allowing it, you can file contempt with the court to enforce the court order. A judge will make it clear that the access is not optional.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.