Largo, FL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: My sons father is supposed to pay child support, hes running a non profit organization with about 12 people and works.

He is telling child support that he cant work because of the pandemic and so they reinstated his license. But goes on vacations and leaves the state often. How can I get my child support if he is able to work.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Vanessa Vasquez de Lara
Vanessa Vasquez de Lara
  • Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You have to be able to prove that he is working, or that he is spending money on vacations and trips so that the court can calculate the income he has based on the amounts of money he is spending. If you are only having hearings in child support enforcement court, you must remember that the attorneys there work for the state and not for you. Therefore they are not gathering evidence or doing extra calculations for you. You may need to transfer your case to a family judge instead of a child support judge.

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.