Corydon, IN asked in Land Use & Zoning for Indiana

Q: Hello, Attorney: I have a question about ownership of land

My husband purchased a farm property six days before our marriage in August 26, 2004. Since he had a bankruptcy, he had the land deed titled with his son's name so that he could get mortgage loan under his son's name. He paid all all mortgage monthly after we got married. I have all paycheck stubs with clear notes of those payments.

My husband filed a divorce now, I wonder whether I have right to claim this farm as our martial property? Thanks.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Indiana attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for five weeks. You could repost and add Divorce as a category. Not all questions are picked up, but you might have better chances of a reply there - Land Use attorneys deal more with zoning, lawful uses/restrictions for property, and things along those lines. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.