Rockwall, TX asked in Child Custody and Divorce for Texas

Q: my wife & I want to divorce. we have 2 boys 9 & 10 yrs. the wife have no Social security# she left USA 4 months ago.

we both agreed on the divorce terms , no properties , the children(who are U.S citizens ) will be in my custody and will live with me here in the USA , what is the easiest and fastest way to get the divorce (knowing that she is out of the country and can not re enter USA without a visa . what is the process and the forms list required to file this divorce till we receive the divorce decree .

what does the Waiver of Citation method mean ? and does it apply in our situation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John J. Pfister Jr.
John J. Pfister Jr.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Don’t need a social security number to get a divorce. Just file for divorce and have your wife sign the waiver of citation and agreed decree of divorce. Then prove it up. He attendance is not required. Even if a hearing is scheduled for any reason most are done by zoom now. If she is willing to cooperate then should be very easy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.