Houston, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: How to get a divorce?

Got married at 18 & he's now 38. Can't find his wife. Haven't been in contact since he was about 19. They Married in Alabama but he now lives in Texas. What can we do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jane M. Gekhman
Jane M. Gekhman
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Best to find a family law attorney that practices regularly in the county he lives in for assistance. Most likely he will have to provide notice of divorce to his spouse via publication. In other words, there is a way he can get a divorce even if he does not know where she lives.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.