Tampa, FL asked in Medical Malpractice for Florida

Q: Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to determine if any attorneys have had cases involving a certain individual?

This is regarding a physician whose actions could have quite easily gotten a family member killed due to negligence. We have already filed complaints with the hospital, but I was wondering where to look if I wanted to see potential cases where other individuals were not satisfied with the level of care provided by this physician

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leland E. Garvin
Leland E. Garvin
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Fort Myers, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Sorry to hear about this. I would suggest doing a search of the clerk of court in the county where the physician practices using their name. Additionally, you could go to the Florida Department of Health website and do a search for adverse incidents. I would share a link but the website won't let me.. You could go to google or call Tallahassee for this.

I hope this is helpful.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.