Montgomery, AL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: What will happen if my husband ex just decided to put him on child support for his two kids ages 13&14. In Florida

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Vanessa Vasquez de Lara
Vanessa Vasquez de Lara
  • Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Not sure what you mean by what happens. You can expect that the mother is going to be seeking what the law allows which is 2 years of support prior to filing her petition for child support plus support going forward. Both parents' income will be used to calculate the proper amount of support and after, there is a good possibility that they will start taking it out of your husband's paycheck. I would recommend an attorney to make sure all the calculations are done correctly as a $100 mistake on child support on a monthly basis is $1200 a year which for 5 years is $6,000.

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.