Cypress, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: Wife wants a divorce, what do I need to do ?

Wife kicked me and my 8 year old out of the house . My son isn't her biological mother . I also have twins that are 9 month old . I need to find us an apartment but at the same time I need to support my 2 twins at home . She doesnt work and I'm the only one that works . I have heard that I still need to pay on the house ( renting ) . Does she have the right to take my whole pay check , right now I cant afford both places but at the same time I need to find me and my son a place to live . Need help to get in the right direction.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John J. Pfister Jr.
John J. Pfister Jr.
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: How did she kick you out of your home? Only a court order can kick you out.

You are going to be ordered to pay child support for the twins assuming Mom has primary. Your child support will be reduced but not by much since you have a third child. If you are on the lease, the landlord can pursue you for the rent but again that entitles you to be in the rental home too.

Mom needs to get a job and you all are going to have to figure this out. Perhaps in short run, move back in with mom till she gets a job.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.