Madison Heights, MI asked in Traffic Tickets for Michigan

Q: I was cited 2 civil infractions by a cop who got upset when questioned why I was pulled over Should I request a hearing

I pulled up to a red stop light noticed an officer standing outside a squad car at a gas station. That officer looked in my direction. I noticed the officer hurriedly get into the passenger side of their vehicle. I really didn't think nothing of it. My light turned green so I proceeded on my way. 7 blocks up the road I looked in the rear view mirror & noticed a car maneuvering it's way around 3 cars in traffic behind me the car was coming up fast it's not until they turned on their lights that I realized that it was the same cops that I'd seen 3 min. earlier. After disclosing that I was a CPL holder & I was carrying my firearm I gave them my info. I then asked why was I stopped the cop told me it was because window tint is illegal & mines was to dark in his opinion. I expressed to him that my tint was not illegal & you could see directly into my vehicle. During our exchange of words he got irate told me if i didn't SHUT UP he'd write me up another 1 cause it LOOKED LIKE I was speeding

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You are certainly entitled to request a formal hearing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.