Denver, CO asked in Civil Litigation and Small Claims for Colorado

Q: My nieghbor filed a District civil summons on me to cut my tree down that's in my yard. What can I do about it?

She wants the tree cut because she is scared to sleep in her bedroom because she says my tree will fall on her bedroom. She has aggervated health issues from this tree, and she cant enjoy her yard because of this tree and she has increased anxiety and stress over this tree.

My tree is not close to her house. Nor does it hang over my fence. She wants this tree cut no matter what. She even had the power line moved that ran thru the tree so she could cut it down. She has cut at least have of its branches down. She says it's dead. It wasnt dead last summer, but I think she may have poisoned it already. Also she says my bushes are encroaching her yard, which I started cutting them down now. She has been sneaking in my yard cutting my bushes and stripping my pine trees . She has killed alot of my stuff next to her fence. Help me please!!@

1 Lawyer Answer
Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Your neighbor is a nightmare and she is now suing you! You definitely need to engage an attorney to defend you and your property in the lawsuit and potentially assert counterclaims against her.

Contact an attorney who has litigation experience. Most will offer a free initial consultation where you can discuss the facts, your rights, remedies, risks, options, etc.

Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.