Coplay, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: I recently got cited for going 125 in a 55 mph. The charge is maximum speed limits under Title 75 Sec. 3362 Subsec. A2.

What am I looking at charge wise and will I spend jail time since this is my first offense?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You are looking at 5 points on your license, a hearing with Penndot to determine if you will be suspended and almost certainly your insurance rates will be affected or your insurance company can drop you. Plead not guilty and get a lawyer to help you as your chances of things working out will be better if you have a lawyer. I always tell clients in your situation to complete a defensive driving course which the judge will likely make you do anyway. There is no jail time for speeding but it could affect you for years to come. Get an experienced lawyer to help you. That is the best advice I can give. Good luck

Timothy Kraeer agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.