Rochester, NY asked in Family Law and Domestic Violence for New York

Q: Do I have a case

My son was left with his father while I was at work. He didn't call me from work or anything letting me know that my child was injured. He didn't even tell me as when. I got home and talked for 10 mins. I found him making a noise as I was about to enter the  bathroom and I asked his father what was wrong with him and he said nothing.  He told me to shower and get him. My son is 2 by the way. I found my son unresponsive  and the father told me he was brushing his teeth and he bit a tooth brush and his tooth came out.  I had to take my son to the hospital  when we got there he had Q 4 percent oxygen to the brain and two teeth and the time was missing now total of three. He let me son swallow his own blood and got no medicine help until I got home from work to take him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
  • Garden City, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You can report this to DSS as it is a case of neglect. Beyond that, you would have to speak to someone who does personal injury law to see if you have a case beyond neglect.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.