Atlanta, GA asked in Car Accidents for Georgia

Q: How do i find out whats goin on in my personal injury case if i filed a complaint 45 days ago

Filed a complaint over 45 days ago how do i find tha status of my case

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. You filed your complaint 45 days ago. If that means you purchased an index number, another question might be when did you serve the other party? Only a Georgia attorney is qualified to advise on the state rules of civil procedure if it's a state court case, but as a GENERAL premise NATIONWIDE, the plaintiff or their attorney serves the other side, through whatever means of process is required under state law (or federal law if it's a federal court case - one of the permissible methods under federal practice is the method followed in the district where the court sits). If you have served the other side already, then maybe you could contact a Georgia attorney to review your file to advise you more meaningfully. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.