Atlanta, GA asked in Personal Injury and Child Support for Georgia

Q: Is failed to file a complaint so relief can b granted in a personal injury case a bad thing. Can my case b dismissed

Im just tring to understand what this means and do i have to worry about it in my case i emailed my lawyer office but of course no response

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks and time is usually of the essence in responding to motions and pleadings. What you describe sounds like it could possibly be something problematic - but still needs more information. As a GENERAL matter in ANY jurisdiction, an attorney would want to know when the cause of action arose, what the statute of limitations is, more information about the dismissal, etc. You could reach out to attorneys to ask them what they would charge for a consult to look at your paperwork - that could be a starting point. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.