Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Texas

Q: Is it wrong for detective s to drop a investigation just because they don't believe you,I didn't see my asailnt,

I was shot point blank in

the stomach as I was closeing my door.didnt see who shot me,I had cameras on all 4 corners of my house recording,they repeatedly asked who did it I honestly said I don't know an in pain I screamed out i shot my self so paramedics would take me,they yelled back at me there is no way in hell I could had shot myself,they knew I didn't,I was rushed off e.r.an didn't plan on me surviving.when released I called to see how investigation was goin an was told dropped because i shot myself.they didn't check dvr left gun stock on floor don't know what my. Roommate told them an her boyfriend were the only ones in the house when it happens an they are not good people,I feel discrimination,unjust,an ashamed,left to fend for myself with no help from State because I shot myself an didn't do it. They said so. Them selves but believed I was covering up I wasn't.i was disabled since an been ridicouled by certain officer an. Judge wouldn't hear my voice an awed me as a freak

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You could ask law enforcement to continue the investigation, but you should reconsider confessing to a criminal offense on a public website.

Texas Penal Code Sec. 37.08. FALSE REPORT TO PEACE OFFICER [...] (a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to deceive, he knowingly makes a false statement that is material to a criminal investigation and makes the statement to (1) a peace officer or federal special investigator conducting the investigation [...]

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.