Titusville, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: What can be used in defense of someone accused with providing false information to a police officer?

The person provided law enforcement with what they believe, or had reasonable grounds to, was the truth of the situation. The defendant has a prior charge only a few years old in which the same was accused and the defendant did not contest the charges at that time, although just like this accusation, it was primarily due to "mistakes of fact". The police officer that is making the accusations is certainly holding biased feelings towards the situation, with his knowledge of the prior record and the fact he has pressured the defendant to be an informant in another unrelated case. The defendant refused the officers request for information and is believed to be using these accusations by filing the charges as a way to further pressure them into cooperating to provide them details.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan L Hyde
Ryan L Hyde
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Exton , PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: With all due respect... what? Not trying to be rude but there is literally no way of answering this question. You, very appropriately, try to keep the details sparse so you cant be identified but they are so sparse I can't fathom how you could hope to get a response.

From what I gleaned, you have been charged with a crime, which you have been convicted of in the past. Call an attorney. You wont have to be sparse with the facts. They can confidentially, and often free of charge, analyze your case and answer your question in a meaningful way.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.