Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law for Maine

Q: Can my ex husband stop me from having our kids around my boyfriend?

My boyfriend lives with me and my ex is demanding he leave while I have the kids, or else he won’t give them to me. Can he do this? The kids love my boyfriend and he is so amazing to them.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Guillory
Robert Guillory

A: Your ex cannot do this unless the court order you have (if you have one) says he can. You should keep seeing your children and if your ex chooses to deny your visitation you need to file a motion with the court for contempt or to enforce. ultimately it is up to a judge to decide whether or not your kids should be around your boyfriend.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.