Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Trying to resolve pending charges in pennsylvania

I have two pending charges in pennsylvania for harassment and disorderly conduct from 12/2017. The incident took place the day before I was set to move back to Oklahoma. I left the scene before cops arrived, therefore was not arrested, nor did I go to court or receive any mail. I have no previous record and have not been in any trouble since. How can I resolve these without convictions on my record? Will they ever go away without action, or be pending forever?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: There is very likely an arrest warrant issued for your arrest for failing to appear. You will need to address this because if you do not eventually you can be picked up by police on the warrant. If you get picked up out of state they can hold you in jail until you were extradited which could take days or weeks. My best advice is to call an experienced lawyer in Pennsylvania to address this sooner rather than later. Most of us get free consultations and we can look up the case online to see what is going on. Since the charges are several years old he might be able to be dismissed if there are no witnesses who are cooperating or hopefully at worst if you decide to plead guilty to some or all of the charges you could get probation. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.