Rochester, MN asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Minnesota

Q: Can you lose all your rights such as court proceedings, i.e. criminal charges papers served directly to your unless f

Family members got guardianship? Woyld you not be aware of criminal proceedings and would you get a care taker without your permission or your say so to whom it may be. Could law keep threatening daily with warrants and family

1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Saint Cloud, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: This question is incredibly confusing. It's unclear what is being asked. Criminal charges and a guardianship are two entirely different things and are unrelated to each other. A warrant could certainly be issued if you missed a court hearing on a criminal matter, but that has nothing to do with a guardianship being granted by the Court and that would generally require that the subject of the guardianship be in court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.