Avon, OH asked in Real Estate Law, Probate and Estate Planning for Puerto Rico

Q: Can a grandchild claim real estate inheritance if the property has not been claimed by my mother or her siblings?

My grandfather passed away about 25 years ago and the property was never transferred to my mother or her siblings, it remains in his name. If 2 of the 5 remaining children will not voluntarily sign over the property, can I dispute? The house is derelict and unoccupied.

1 Lawyer Answer
Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos PRO label
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Greetings

Yes, a grandchild can claim for his her rightful inheritance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.