Jersey City, NJ asked in Wrongful Death for New Jersey

Q: My father died 2018 , he was in ICU for pneumonia, they fetanyaled my father unconscious. No doctor on the floor untrai

Untrained nurse who did not know how to work the machine my father was hooked up too. And no doctor working that floor on Sunday and my father's heart stopped so they say. They had a meeting after he passed probably to figure out what to say . My mom didn't want to pursue she was too hurt over him. That was February 2019 if she gets medical records does she still have time. My father walked in there and they put him under and he never woke up

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: As you know the statute of limitations for wrongful death is two years. Chances are she won't get the medical records in time. Without looking at the medical records, it is unlikely an attorney will take the case, However for your own knowledge I suggest you call an attorney who handles such cases. One such attorney would be Thomas Vesper in Ocean County. Feel free to use my name.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.