Spring, TX asked in Traffic Tickets for Texas

Q: My son got a citation for failure to control speed in College Station, there was absolutely no damage to either vehicle,

The car in front of him suddenly decided to stop to make a turn, there was very minimal contact between both vehicles what are the chances he could have this citation dismissed if he goes to court he is 21 years old

Thanks you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Foley
Brian Foley
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Conroe, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It is difficult to predict exactly what a prosecutor would do in particular cases. However, it is very common that young offenders who are able to show that they have fixed the damage to other's vehicles are offered either community service or other conditions to complete in return for a dismissal of class "c" charges. Hiring a lawyer can be helpful so that you can avoid appearing in court and a plea offer like this can be negotiated. The College Station Municipal court is somewhat restrictive in what they typically approve and the defense of he is a young college student is something they hear all the time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.