Nicholasville, KY asked in Adoption for Kentucky

Q: 14 yr ago i had an open cps case which then was closed. Can i foster a child or adopt?

i had a drug in my system they got me for child neglect. Even though i didnt have my child around me when i did it but because it was in my system they gave me the neglect charge. I then never failed another drug test and took drug classes and parenting classes and i passed all of them and received full custody back within 5 months. Years later now that my life is together and going good i would love to foster a child but im worried i cannot because of my record from years ago.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You can certainly apply. Might be able to foster now if no other negative occurrences.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.