Los Angeles, CA asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: Can my plea deal be reversed if I violate the terms of my supervised probation?

I plead guilty to a plea agreement that dropped my indecent exposure (F6) charge to a disorderly conduct (M1) charge and dismissed two other indecent exposure charges (M1).

I plan on completing my probation I was sentenced to without issue however if I were to mess up and violate and have it revoked would I be sentenced for the disorderly conduct or could my plea deal be revoked as well and I end up being charged with the original three indecent exposure charges?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: If you violate probation, you would be required to complete the underlying sentence suspended suspended when you were placed on probation. Your plea deal will not be undone.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.