Eugene, OR asked in Bankruptcy, Banking, Business Formation and Business Law for Oregon

Q: If a business corporation is sued in one state and loses the case, can they attach all bank accounts,personal and bus.

Most companies have a couple different licenses under the same business(dba/LLC). If there are bank accounts in other states owned by the corporate officers and also in the same name of the business being sued can the out of state account be attached also.

Now the business in the other state has a different license number for that state license board but the same name, and it also has a different entity being a sole propriatorship , can that account in the other state be attached?. Then if the corporate officers signed a guarantee, such as for a bond, can the bond company cross borders and attach the out of state bank account for payment?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Yes. Once a judgment is granted against a corporation, it may be enforce against the corporation snd assets located anywhere within the United States.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.