Adrian, MI asked in Traffic Tickets for Michigan

Q: The citation has my husband's info and he wasnt even with me when I got pulled over. Can I get this dismissed?

I was issued a citation for disobeying a traffic light. I was by myself. However when I got home and looked at the ticket it had all my husbands info on it. Like he issued him the ticket instead of me. Can we get this dismissed and does we both need to appear at court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Frank B. Ford
Frank B. Ford
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Dearborn Heights, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: The ticket can be dismissed in your husband's name and rewritten in your name. Your husband could go to court for a Hearing without you and ask the officer if he was who the officer stopped. Of course, the officer may not remember and say yes, anyway. If it is rewritten in your name, if handled correctly, depending on the circumstances, you may be able to get a reduced plea to an infraction that won't go onto your driving record. You may want to get the help of an experienced traffic attorney with this situation. Sincerely, Frank B. Ford

Brent T. Geers agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.