Lima, OH asked in Adoption and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I’ve been adopted for 8yrs can I get emancipated in the state of Ohio at 15 to live in California with other family?

I have 2 brothers who got adopted with me. My older brother moved out right at 18. My other brother is 10 and he’s pretty spoiled here. I want to live with my dad because it was a wrongful adoption. My mom had drugs in the house and my mom and dad weren’t even together. We were going to go live with our dad but my mom made up lies so we wouldn’t. Including that my Dad touched me. My dad never touched me and I know that for sure but my grandma made me say it at a young age like 3. I have many people who are witnesses to that fact to. I really dislike it here because we always argue and it just brings me down a lot. I want out of here super bad.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Ohio does not have emancipation for your situation. Here is a link with more information.

Talk to a school counselor or other trusted adult about your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.