Easton, PA asked in Civil Rights for Pennsylvania

Q: I filed a complaint with the EEOC 12/16/19. The EEOC transferred my case to New Jersey Division on Civil Rights, 6/2020.

The investigator from the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights has been investigating since September 2020. I reached out to her January 4, 2021 to request a status update. She responded that she in the process of working on my case and setting up appointments with Respondent. And that she will be in touch once they are completed.

I still have not heard anything.

How long does this usually take?

How often should I be reaching out to the investigator?

I would really like this case to be over with.

Any help is appreciated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: It may be they are understaffed it may be long. You can consult an attorney who handles EEO matters. If the employer is in New Jersey, you will want a New Jersey attorney. Contact the New Jersey Assn for Justice--and ask for an employment law attorney. They give free consults.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.