Navarre, FL asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Florida

Q: My father in law is going to be admitted to a state run retirement home by adult protective services of tx. No will

His wife passed away before Christmas and has dementia. He lives in Texas and we live in Florida. He has no will. My husband is the only child of his. They said when he is released from the hospital that he will be sent to the state run nursing home. Then at that time his home will be locked and they will Seize his belongings. Do I have any rights to family belongings that he recently inherited from my grandmothers passing? Or can I have access to these things before they take them from him for face value?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn
  • Patents Lawyer
  • Chapel Hill, NC

A: You need an answer from someone that knows. Your question was posted to patents (inventions). You need to seek someone in Texas with knowledge of elder law and related topics.

Good luck.

Kevin E Flynn

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.