Rutherfordton, NC asked in Landlord - Tenant for North Carolina

Q: Tenant lawyer needed

Told roommate I was moving out in 10 days, because of the hostile living conditions created by himself and one other roommate. I refused to stay there in those 10 days following because of how intimidating, negative, and all around abusive behavior directed towards me. I am sure it was all for the purpose of making me move out on my own will. I did not feel welcome in my own home. As collateral, storage, and assurance i would be back I gave him $150. He verbally agreed. 10 days later I arrive to find all my personal property was outside piled up on a trailer hitch for 2.5 days. He never informed me or contacted me saying he was gonna do this. I have only gone through about one third of my things. So far the damages, and missing property totals about $350. That is without the $150 i still have not recieved back.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ben Corcoran
Ben Corcoran
  • Yadkinville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Google lawyers in the area or use the find a lawyer function on this site.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.