Shelbyville, TN asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee

Q: What if I got a DUI for .5 oxycodone in my system, do I still have to get the Interlock? And I'm not longer in Probation

But still have Fines to pay. I don't have a vehicle but plan to get one soon and get my license reinstated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If you were convicted of DUI, usually the only way to get a TNDL until the entire Sentence is completed and paid, is to apply for the Interlock Device. If you do not have an attorney, then you might ask the Court Clerk to assist you in applying for the Judge's Order. Then you have to contact the provider/installer quickly. It is not cheap. And apparently you do not have a vehicle to install it on. In a few cases, the old style location and time restrictive TNDL still applies, but you will need an attorney to look at it. SR-22 Insurance will also be required.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.