Asked in Personal Injury for Colorado

Q: Can i do a law suit when i fell at mcdonald's a few years back now i have back problems and need injections every year?

The manager had told me thing were going to be fine and to go to a chiropractor and do physical therapy but now i have to get injected every year to help the pain i have cause of a fracture i had in my back that i had barely found out about a year or two ago mcdonald's never wanted to take blame for not closing the playground or even put a sign on a rainy day and thats how i slipped and fell on the stairs and have back damage

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: The statute of limitations for injury claims in Colorado is two years. It may be longer if you were under 18 at the time, but if you were older it would be two years. Why not call an attorney who handles fall cases to see? Many give free consultations.

Brian Michael Bradford agrees with this answer

Brian Michael Bradford
Brian Michael Bradford
  • Lafayette, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: The answer to your question will depend on the specifics of your case, including how old you were at the time and what state you live in. I would suggest contacting an attorney where you live or in the state where you were injured. Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.