Marshall, NC asked in Contracts for Texas

Q: Hello, Officers in a condominium association have refused to account for monies and to submit to an audit. Recourse?

There are 2 buildings in the association, 4 homes in each. There are different issues for each building although the owners of one building have taken control to their advantage. What has been recorded in minutes is now “lost” although I can substantiate what happened through emails and copies of my own. Recently, the officers submitted minutes of the last meeting. Since the meeting was on zoom, it was recorded although they refuse to make changes pointed out to them. I don’t want to file a lawsuit. Is there recourse for officers not meeting basic responsibilities?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes. Elect new officers.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.