Miami, FL asked in DUI / DWI and Identity Theft for Florida

Q: I was wondering how I find out if my sister took my identity and got a DUI in my name

In 2009 I was going through a hard time my sister told me to come stay with her in Columbus Oh. I came up from FL to see how things would go and they did not work out I was told she had 13 evictions in my name recently I had to go to court because the FWC gave me a fine for a fish that was two in two big I've never been in trouble in my life and when I was talking to the judge he said something about the only thing on my record was a DUI in Ohio and I believe you said in 2012 how do I find out if is that is true and if she took my identity. I will press charges if I have to. Thank you

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: It wouldn’t be the first time that a sister/brother used the identity of a sibling during an arrest. You’ll need to run an FDLE records check and find out where the DUI occurred, then work on getting it off your record. An attorney can assist you. Good luck.

Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Each time a defendant is booked for an arrest, they take fingerprints of that defendant, so this is something that probably would be easy to resolve. You just check the fingerprints on file for the arrest with your fingerprints, And that would be proof of the identity theft. Retain counsel to handle this matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.