Fort Morgan, CO asked in Child Support for Nebraska

Q: Hello,I was trying to get a copy of a child support order in 1990 from a Delaware County Pa from 1990? I’ve have been

getting no answers from DHHS or child support in many counties . The courthouse states it’s a “special request” and they will get back to me.Also stated no arrears if it was not modified before moving after a year? I now live in Ne. and received a letter from DHHS here in Ne. 2 years ago stating they could not find the payee. My son is 27. I informed them of his fathers address and angrily she hung up after getting the information. I’ve heard he was paying it through his taxes. Very odd how court documents could disappear? I do not have these documents. Is there anything I can do to find records that should not have been lost?

Thank you for your time.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: You would want to contact the Court or an attorney in the county that you are trying to obtain the records from.

I'm not sure what you mean by "special request." Here in Nebraska, you sometimes have to order the file and then wait a couple of days for older files to be pulled from storage before you can review the file or pay for copies of such. This might be considered a "special request."

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.