Somerdale, NJ asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: If I lose at trial for a $218 speeding ticket will o have to pay more

The officer said my exact speed was 86 in a 65 but didn’t use a radar gun and gave me a $218 ticket. I know I wasn’t going that fast and the device he used has been proven to be wrong and it is my first offense and only timed me for 2.45 seconds and put me as a maximum speeding ticket and I’m wondering if I could win if I went to trail for this? But I’m worried if I lose will I have to pay more

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Did you get the ticket in PA or NJ? If it is PA you will have to attend a license suspension hearing with Penndot for excessive speeds to determine if they will be suspending your license. Additionally, it is a 5 point offense and 5 points is the most you can get for a ticket in PA. You should really get a lawyer to help save your license. Many judges will let your lawyer appear in court for you so you may not have to attend the hearing. If your ticket was in NJ, then you need to speak with a NJ lawyer. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.