Gardendale, AL asked in Personal Injury for Alabama

Q: I have a case of fall that is already in court . by falling inside a commercial premises

I have a case of fall that is already in court inside. I rented the place and signed 1 contract but because I did not have social security the owner of the commercial property told me to look for another person with ssn , she made another contract in the name of the other person and the licenses its in Name of the other person, I do not speak English, I do not read it and less write it, I understand a little nothing else. 6 months after renting that property I fell from a ladder that was already in that place and broke both of my legs, the UAB experts already declared me disabled and the owner went to see me at the hospital and a few days later She kicked me out from the property. on February 22 was the last hearing and days ago I received 1 call from the lawyer who represented me telling me that he would no longer continue with my case, what can I do? the owner of the place had insurance when I fell, I signed the first contract, but there was a second contract I never see

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Alabama attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. One option is to check with another attorney - but they would likely want to know why the first attorney withdrew from the case. There are a number details here that raise additional questions, as to whether this was a third-party case that arose in the course of employment (you also mention a ladder, indicating the possibility of a workers' comp component). For starters, you could reach out to an attorney to see if they could offer a free initial consult to help you sort out what took place so far, and what your options might be. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.