Raleigh, NC asked in DUI / DWI for Minnesota

Q: Adult son drove car and got pulled over for DUI

Q: We were out of the country (rare vacation). My 20 year old son drove our car without permission, he has his own car.

He was pulled over for speeding. He was found to have a case of beer on the front seat and a BAC of .16. Is a lawyer even worth the time and expense on this. We want to get him help but not punished without a purposeful meaning.

Currently it is a 3rd degree offense, 1st time caught.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Bailey
William Bailey
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: He absolutely needs an attorney. The prosecutor won't help him and the very high BAC could mean very serious consequences.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.