Provo, UT asked in Contracts and Small Claims for Utah

Q: How to file a motion on a illegally repossessed car?

Is there such thing as a 215.78 % annual percentage rate? Really high?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore
  • Spanish Fork, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: If you want to sue someone on your own, you can go to your local justice court. This is called a "Small Claims" court. The court will have a maximum amount of damages you can sue for. You might sue for the money back you already paid if they improperly repossessed your car. Or you might sue for the contract to be followed, giving you the car back and allowing you to continue payments. The local Justice Court will tell you what your options are. Sometimes what you want to do can't be done in justice court/small claims, and you will need to go to a full-size court called District Court.

Small Claims info:

District Court info:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.