Charlotte, NC asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Tennessee

Q: I got a citation for simple possession and drug paraphernalia (marijuana) in tri cities of east tn.

I live in dayton ohio where it is decriminalized when I went to court they had no record on file. The judge issued me an arraingment date.. Could i get this dismissed since they didnt have the ticket on file on the date of court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: The Citation can be produced, reissued or even converted to an Arrest Warrant very quickly. Ohio laws have no bearing in TN, which apparently you would have been in violation of also. Hire an attorney now. You need to get this Diverted, Dismissed and Expunged, or it will mess up your life.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.