Lake City, TN asked in Juvenile Law for Tennessee

Q: I need to know what to do about a child that said he was being abused and then runaway came to my house

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Ross Matuszak
Ross Matuszak

A: If you have no legal right to have this child at your house, it is probably in the child's and your best interest for you to contact your local Police and the Tennessee Department of Children's Services (DCS). You can explain to them what happened and they can decide what is best for the child and determine if charges need to be brought against the parents.

Sam  English
Sam English pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I suggest starting with contacting the Department of Children Services and seek help with that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.