Osmond, NE asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Nebraska

Q: My minor son was in an auto accident with the other vehicle being at fault. Multiple injuries, how to proceed for sett

Other party has stated they were at fault according to police report. We now need to go forward to reach settlement for injuries sustained to our minor son. We have a claim # with other parties insurance. My son will not be able to do some things long-term he wanted to do. We have not paid any of the medical bills as they have gone through our health insurance, the liability of the vehicle my son was a passenger in ($10,000), but now we are wondering how to proceed with settlement with the at-fault driver's insurance. These injuries could affect my son for the rest of his life. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Justin Kahn
Justin Kahn
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Charleston, SC

A: You may want to contact an attorney in Nebraska that works in the personal injury field to help point you in the right direction. As a minor is involved, there may be special steps you need to take.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.